Monday, October 26, 2009

promotions

woohoo, back to blogging after a week.. haha..

last Saturday was an eventful day as besides having a wonderful fellowship both in afternoon and after service, i had a surprise and that was promotion to Ministry Member in the church! Haha, and thanks to my CG for the great gift! :)

anyway I sort of remembered how i used to be dying to be promoted, to show my worth that 'you will not regret promoting me' kind of attitude back in the early days of ministry. And how out of that killed many of my dreams, deviated me from what was important for me in terms of my life, friends and gf then probably... How it dragged me to the lowest point of my life, with attacks upon attacks that I felt like giving up totally.
then I had my ministry ldrs who came in to pull me up and out of the valleys, how they would talk to me about the importance in serving God only and promotions are from God etc. And God showed me as well that promotions need not be the benchmark to what I can do but it is the potential he gives that allows us to do exceedingly and abundantly. Imagining myself running a Logistics team with core members of the department (thank God for them) for the greatest event the church had organised then: Asia Conference 2008. I won't talk about how it had opened doors for me to be discipled and trained by the leaders but back then, I was only a helper and to people, helper means you can't do more than what a TL does in the ministry but God showed me that it wasn't true through physical actions.
And precisely because of the capacity God had placed in me, I grew from it and rose up to do more things for God in the ministry etc. Though I did get more attn from others (being high profile and all) but all these weren't important. Haha...

Along the way of course there were struggles but it didn't dragged me down but it pushed me up even further wanting to do what God has for me in terms of my ministry. And thank God as well affirmations and recognitions came but I knew all these weren't possible if not for the capacity and God's blessings. Thus it isn't really about being promoted to an appointment that sounds great to people but it is what people sees in you, the real you that they recognises you to the level of your capability, which will in due matches to your natural promotion. :)

But people do ask me how do I feel about my promotion? Sounds kind of bad but I will always say 'ok lor, thank God lor' haha...
But one reason for saying is because the capacity on the inside outgrows what you are capable of on the outside that when it comes, it will serve as a booster and a motivator, not a limiter or a benchmark because God is the benchmark of all things. haha...

:)

No comments: