Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's a bright Sunday afternoon.. But it's like quite a moody Sunday..

Gonna set sail tmr afternoon and I won't be back till eve of national day and sailing off for Bali on National day itself. It;s like in total of 11 days of sailing but gonna be fun yet tiring? Will be involved with many nations participating in this exercise and it's an exposure heh.

Was attending a sports meet yesterday for the nations participating in this year's exercise. Witnessed many interesting things and one of them was how amazed was I when I saw how much the Japanese can eat at a BBQ. (Aussie style of BBQ is very much like buffet and there will be a chef cooking for ya, all you need to do is to take the already cooked food.) Their plates were filled with food a mountain high without seeing the surface of the plate? No joke but I thought I eat a lot, they eat more than me!

The weather here is pretty much the extreme for many Singaporeans. Like early in the morning the temp can be as low as 20 or 21 C but as hot as 27 or 28 C in the afternoon with the sun scorching hot! So the drastic temp changes can be quite bad to take on but skin got to be thick to 'tahan' haha!

Somehow beginning to fall in love with this place because of the many things I can't get in S'pore, I see them here.. Like seeing a whale on my way here, dolphins greeting you in the morning during sunrise, the nice sceneries around, the slow pace of life here and many other things! Most of all it's still the people around that's so friendly and all! Can't get enough of here really.

Anyway, it's the 4th week running for my overseas deployment. Still have about 24 days before gg back to s'pore.. Miss home, miss friends, miss the pals!

Looking forward to coming Bali R and R before home sweet home le..

I wonder how did the guys do for group duty, miss serving with the leaders!

Toodles everyone! =)

No comments: