Thursday, December 3, 2009

it sets me thinking since last week..

what have i been doing to make an impact, to the lives of others and not the things of man?
definitely the lives of others value more...

ppl often thank me for the things I had done for them, but it's really because i did helped them in a task or during an event but after a while such things are forgotten and i realised i haven't really made an impact in their lives.
and i do see around others' blogs giving thanks to certain people who had impacted their lives and you could really feel the gratitude out of it. and it really touched me seriously.

Comparatively to the above, what did i actually do to make sure I did impacted someone to shape his life for the better? virtually nothing...

Being a ministry person is good, you get to expand your values and talents in the area which you are serving in and often most talents are towards objects or things. Suddenly I'm just reminded of Ray telling me before that being in this ministry it's never about being just an admin person, but it's really out to make disciples and growing the ministry through the ushers, though admin can be important...

As we are talking about the Great Commandment, the Great Commission and the Cultural Mandate that includes impacting the marketplace, really what are we executing out of these 3 values?
One word: People. They form the heart and soul of where we are today, the society. So if all I'd done was just helping to stand in the gap for someone in an event, what have I actually done?

point to ponder for the week...

No comments: