Friday, October 10, 2008

Glad that God has been faithful and the people around me watching over me.. If not will just be going in circles.

Somehow I just set myself up into this realm called 'Calling' and so many issues came up from there. Well, sooner or later I'll need to deal with it so why not do it now? Haha.

Many of us have the potential to do great things, blessed with the talents and gifts God had placed inside of us, thus waiting for it to be released to maximum impact. And because of the unique talents and gifts, it makes each of us unique. Also creating the destiny and calling God wants us to be in.

We can decide upon what we want to do, based on what we are good at, having the best results out of what it's done by us. From there we may decide that is the 'calling' God wants us to be in. Nothing really wrong with that but is that what God want us to do in His Kingdom? Of course not everyone is called to be a cell group leader, an usher head, a pastor etc because of the unique DNA of each individual.

I'm starting to recognise that God has called us into different ministries for various reasons. One is to answer to the needs of the ministry, for others it's a training ground, a platform for something greater meant for them. And all these are decided based on what God wants you to be with the talents and gifts He had given.

Anyway now at this stage, I seriously cant help but to think where am I called to be. Many people that I had spoke to had already knew what's for them (Praise Him for that!) but well, I'm still in the midst of finding out. For me, it's either in usher or in cell group though. Not sure why I tend to struggle so much but Yonghui is right about one thing, I need a spiritual conviction to ground myself, to know my calling.
(I still remember a year ago I was very insistant of being in UM that I had neglected my CG and everything halted, therefore having to make a U-turn and now, I'm here talking about my calling. How interesting...)

Thank God too for spiritual leaders like Vic and Yonghui whom I know I can safely entrust my life to 101% of it. On Wednesday I had actually met both of them for fellowship (on seperate occasions of course..) and this topic was like the highlight of the conversation. Vic initiated with questions that got me thinking, and Yonghui seemed to be the one providing some light to the answers I need to have (complimentary partnership, haha)
Whatever the outcome may be in the end, I still want to find myself serving God and fulfilling the very thing He has for me.

As of now like what I had told Vic, I'll faithfully and willingly support her in her vision and standing in the gap with the cg and connect group, at the same time building up and to serve in usher ministry.. I'll just do what I need to do and let the rest fall into place naturally.

(P.S. God if You are reading this, I hope I'm making the right move.. if not, just let me know ya? =) )

Actually i wonder, how many ppl know about this blog especially after B.Darren helped to 'advertise' it.. haha..

No comments: