Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Written by a CHEC staff:

I just want to say Big Thank You to all the ushers who have worked extremely hard during the Conference. Throughout the 5 days, my encounters with the ushers have been really pleasant. They are ever so helpful, always smiling, despite the difficult crowd at times.

There was once while I was queuing to enter the hall, when a group of upset foreign delegates were asking to be let into the hall. The door usher was a petite, young girl of not more than 18. She was pleasant yet firm, and was not daunted by the large crowd. Her gentle words of assurance and tact in handling the adults displayed much wisdom. I was really impressed.

Throughout the 5 days, more than the messages, the ushers' attitude truly impacted me. There are frequent incidences when ushers were reprimanded by members, delegates, greeters, yet they tried their best to be pleasant while getting their job done. I'm touched by the ushers, many of them are so young, their servanthood is really commendable.

We showcased many remarkable talents and programmes on stage during the Asia conference, but the church also showcased a great people with great attitude off-stage. That's why I sincerely think they are the unsung heroes. I would like to thank all of them for going the extra mile, I'm sure many echoed my sentiments."


One thing I know is that our ushers are simply amazing.
Imagine being reproached by delegates or members not being able to go in yet still being able to talk to them and comfort them in good spirit.. Not many can really do that but our ushers simply rose up to the occasion and became the shining light to make the mark difference!

Ushers, you guys rocks and I'm proud to be serving with you!!!! =D

No comments: