Thursday, November 19, 2009

yesterday had a fun time fellowshipping with one of the great racers I've seen in the ministry and for God. shared and crapped on a lot of things but one which hit me was this: The Great Commission.

As the verse says:

Matthew 28:19-20 (NKJV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

So he was asking me what was the great commission all about and my answer was really about making disciples. For you to make disciples, you have to start loving them, care for them and build relationships. And it needs to be cultivated to be a lifestyle.
Ministry is just another platform or a word for most of us to serve in a different arena for God but looking at the whole picture, all things lies down to the basics and it's really making disciples and building relationships. If you are serving in the ministry to exercise and grow your talent, to help out in other areas of the ministry, it's fine. But will all these count if we start to lose the passion for people?
And loving them ain't just asking them how they are doing, week in and out but it's deep down fellowship of wanting to bless each other, to teach each other what we learnt etc...
It did hit me in the back, reminding me as I'm more into ministry, I shouldn't sink too deep and forget about the essence of the entire organisation: people (be it ushers or members or friends).

So i'm pretty gladful for the peeps that had been in my life and their presence makes the difference! :)
Well, that's what friends are for! :)

till next time~~~ :P

No comments: