Tuesday, February 24, 2009

General~~

Last weekend was totally amazing.. I'm just so amazed with myself of how much I can do and the support I have from everyone~

Let's start from Saturday, was in Expo early morning to settle some matters, went for lunch at Tamp before coming back to start with packing of Logistics. Thank God for people who were so availing like Jen, Joyce and Gordon as we started out on the packing.
We certainly had lots of fun trying to pack things into cupboards and thinking of ways how to squeeze things! Lol... By the time service ended we packed quite abit of things and everything was very much on schedule.
Had the privilege of taking Jeff's car to Yongwei's wedding and was quite in time for the matrimony and dinner. (Was sharing with someone that it's a blessing to have known Jeff of how he's so willing to teach and looking forward to build a stronger friendship with him) The dinner was fun coz of the company and thanks to Ray and Tze Hwa, some of us that were on duty the next day were forced to drink~~ Zzz.. Luckily only got forced to drink 1/2 a cup..

On Sunday, the great-faith day because we were shifting to Hall 1!!!! Did Stage 2 and though I had done the position before but I still learnt a lot of new things, thank God though.
Anyway had the help of Kenrus, Lincoln and Alan to help me with packing along with Gordon. Things were running on very well and then came more help! Peeps like Joyce, Sushan, Jeremy Kon, Karen, Feng Ming came too and events fell into place and before we knew it, around 2pm we were very much settled with most of the items. Special thanks to Tzehwa and Peixiong (Elder Chee too) for hanging around to help after oscar and Ray and Wenbin too. =)
To cut the details by 4.30pm we cleared out of Hall 8 and by 5.30pm we were out of the hall! Yay!! Thanks to everyone around for the help and cooperation and you had been real amazing! =)
Very glad that I belong to the family of Logistics and I know that if for anything, you guys will definitely lend your support to make things happen also! *Special thanks to Matt, Gaius and Cheryl who offered their help but couldnt make it at last min*
(Somehow I felt like I'm writing a thank you speech but it's true really that I really can't thank you guys enough!)

In any case after the shifting I just made my way Mandarin hotel where CHCSA had a Stakeholder's Night 2009 which was to thank the sponsers and volunteers who believed in them to make change and to touch lives. The dinner was simply breathtaking and amazing not just because of how great the event was executed but rather the people sitting in the same room, which their lives had been changed one way or the other, be it the elderlys or ex convicts. Their lives were dramatically changed because someone offered a helping hand to care to meet their needs so that they can lead a better life in the future. That was the breathtaking part.
AFter the dinner I had a fun time doing recycling (yeap you guessed it, recycling!) clearing up and packing up. The fun moments of trying to expand the suitcase to fit everything in and how you see people's face of disbelief of how we can really pack things! Haha!! Yeap!

I just felt that I want to do my part to change lives! I myself don't come from a very pleasant background especially during my growing up years and there's this conviction for myself that I want to reduce that. So I'm actually going to take up Psychology and Communication degree in SIM this year, to fulfill that dream of mine.
Along the way will plan to take up other courses on counselling etc. Of course in this field guys don't really earn alot but just going to trust God on it.
In the meantime, I'm still trusting God for a good job that can last me through university and payment of my BF and debts this year! Yeap I'm close to being jobless for 2 months and seriously, I'm so want to get a job asap!! No replies from employers yet but will continue to pray that doors are still opened for me and I'll get them!!!!! =DD

That's all folks! Till later~

No comments: