Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Thu! 24 hours more to ORD!! Hee!

Just came back fm watching Wall.E at PS GV! Man was the movie good! Pretty entertaining and engaging. Had a few 'findings' after watching this movie.
  1. At the beginning of the movie the earth was portrayed as cities polluted by rubbish and were piling up very badly (skycrapers of compressed rubbish) and the sky was yellow instead of blue.(pretty hard to imagine eh?)
  2. In the show humans that were living in space (btw Earth was 'abandoned' because it was too badly polluted and not suitable for human living, 700 yrs ago..) grew to be so lazy that everywhere they go they travelled on mobile chairs that served their every need including communications and food orders (even change of clothes too!)
  3. The humans were too occupied with what they have that they didn't know what existed around them lest the shopping malls.. (one during the movie commented that she never knew the spaceship had a swimming pool!)
Evaluation fm these pts were that:
  1. Now our earth is quite polluted with all the trash we generate everyday and will one day we'll come to the state as what's portrayed in the movie when we need to move out of earth to look for another planet or environment to live in?
  2. Ever wondered if we are too dependent on technology (laptops, handphones) such that we'll be totally 'crippled' or lost if we don't have them one day? It's almost like they are part of our lives because of how convenient our lives became because of them.
  3. Agree that at times we take things/people around us for granted, we don't realise certain things going on that needs our attention due to certain reasons?
Anyway it was a good movie and I don't mind watching it again really! But time's a problem...

I had a good fellowship today with Vic and Chin(very interesting guy. Why? shall explain later)! Looking back, guess things really progressed since i 1st came to church knowing Vic. Last time things were very straight for me as she was the leader and I'm the member so there wasn't much interaction between us unless it's on CG matters or discipleship sessions. Now least there's this friendship going on and she had been a good leader placed over my life. Often we can crap or tease around and share things without agenda. Glad to have you as my dearest CG leader VIC! Thanks for all the things you'd done to safeguard my life and watching over it! =D

Something about Chin, he's the only person I know so far that can make me laugh and smile all the way fm the moment I'd met him. In the beginning I asked him 'What are you doing now?' as in 'What's your profession?'. So he happily said "I'm on the escalator." (we were on the escalator then) That was so cold la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And over at dinner table he was continuing to lame, to the state whereby I wanted to bang my head laughing... Well he certainly opened up my day! Lol.


Finally I had a clear idea of what do I want for myself and really no doubts about it but one thing to do now is to pray over it. God, my life is in Your hands...

No comments: