Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Friday!! Last weekday of the week and finally I get to join my CG for sat service after 4 weeks of not joining them! Must had missed out so much fun not being there for that period of time. Pray things will go on well and yea..

Somehow, because of the recent incidents, I began to really slow down, take a step back, look at things around and learn to evaluate upon myself in what I do now.. Least I wasn't like last time when I would just hit on things to do, being so involved in ministry or things I like without thinking or prioritising.

There are times when I did consider taking a break from ministry, close frenz from cg and CGLs asking me to do so. They had seen how involved I was for the ministry, how much time can be sacrificed and forsaking/losing other things that's more important to me as a result. And gradually because of the commitment, begin to see myself falling apart spiritually and physically. I began to lose sight of God and all I saw was being wanting to serve, serve and serve. Though there were other aims like wanting to impact people, being a good usher, striving to be excellent in my work, they were not God-based anymore. It was all for my own benefits without God in the picture.

Don't get me wrong. Being committed to something is good. But being over committed degrades a person, after all there's a certain limit one can go through. And it drags you away from your goals, drifting you away from God, without you realising it until something bad hits you.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to serve, loves to usher. And it's a form of sacrifice in your service to others because it brings you out of the comfort zone of self into serving others. And this form of sacrifice is good because it humbles you and stretches your capacity and productivity. But this sacrifice will turn stale or if not stagnant because you no longer find yourself effective, and you start to be arrogant and often throw your weight around. Funny to say but it's true.

Anyway, I got to learn when to take a break, when to move on. Even machineries need to 'rest' to maximise their lifespans and performances. Haha... How true really. If not I'm going to end up like the water in the cup being stagnant because I had reached the maximum. I have to move on to a cup with larger capacity so that I can be filled even more!

Wow, what a revelation really. =) Thanks God. Hehe...

No comments: