Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yea I'm back for a very very short update..

Today had my day off so can come out sitting down at Pacific Blue Cafe at Vivocity, facing the nice scenery of Sentosa to blog! Can't get such chances often especially on weekdays. Shiok right? Haha..

Recently had been busy with Navy Day stuff, doing rehearsals etc and I'm so glad that it's over!! =) That's why I have the off today. Hehe.. Gonna watch movie later but dunno what to watch.. *oh wells*

Sunday for the 1st time did H2 duty and well, things didn't start off well since I wasn't around for the briefing and it was kind of messy in which instructions didn't pull off too well with some ushers not knowing what to do or doing extra stuff that wasn't intended to be. Well, next duty I promise myself that I'll be there (for the briefing) and making sure things will go on smoothly!! *Yes*
Anyway glad that Carrie was my H1 but can be stressful working with her at times (from past experiences) but she's a good mentor. Think I shared with Chai Huat before of how the spirit of excellence Carrie carries (kind of rhyme yea?), in the way she work and the details that she pays attention to. I'm on my way towards that too so just wait and see. haha...
Being in Hotel station means more responsibilities and challenging one self to be more proficient in the way the hall works, having an enlarged view of how the hall should be handled with ever-changing situations. It's not about just being on the ground assessing the situation but also being the vision-viewer of the hall, learning to flow with ACU / CU. =)
Looking forward to more of such challenges especially big days...

Anyway after duty was put in charge of recycling (yet again). A bit challenging this time coz got to help stand in for Nat as logistics while she was away (almost fainted) and a funny incident..
Got a group of ushers (from 3S1 i think) that was really 'unique."
Why so? Well because during recycling their table was quick to clear the bulletins and seeing that other tables were slower and had alot of bulletins to clear, I transferred some to the 'fast' table and in the midst of doing so, I got screamed at (yes, practically screamed at!) and one scream gets more high pitched than the other as I add on more bulletins to their table to even out the load.
And dunno why along the way, they got so 'stressed' till they started to sing a praise song. SO funny lA!!
Everyone outside logistics just gave weird looks when they started singing. LOL.

That's for me on Sunday..


Life's always about ups and downs. Up to test how stable you will be when you are at your best, down to determine how perservered you are to climb out of your down moments. Each to strengthen your character in all ways...
Shared with Qizhi just on Friday about the upsets in my family... How my dad left home for another person, how my mum is looking for a job now because of certain reasons and my bro still schooling... All these came in as very harsh moments but I didn't really broke down till just recently. Very much, too much to bear but God has told that I am to stand up as the Man in the family to be the bridge for the many gaps. Sound easy to do because of the few words? Well not easy but I believe I'm going to come through

In the midst of these... A lot of breaking downs, tearing down of my exterior, reflecting my interior and reconstruction of the new-me like God at the end of the day.

I'm walking into my valley right now... But I'm going to EMERGE VICTORIOUS because God's with me. =)

No comments: